The Scottish Government now advises that people should minimise social contact by avoiding crowded areas and large gatherings, including religious congregations, and smaller gatherings.
The Church of Scotland now asks, in the strongest terms, that all gatherings for worship should cease until further notice, with effect from Tuesday 17 March 2020
This also includes the activities held in the Community Centre.
We try to keep the diary up-to-date as possible. Only 'upcoming events' will be listed. Past events are not displayed.
Dalbeattie & Kirkgunzeon Church services comence at 11.00 am.
On the 1st Sunday of the month the Service is followed by a short celebration of Holy Communion.
The services are followed by coffee, tea and biscuits (apart from the 1st Sunday in the month)
Holy Communion is held on 1st Sunday of May & November.
The following groups meet in the Church Centre:
- First Wednesday afternoon in the month Musical Minds run by Volunteers from the Church is held in the Church Centre from 2 - 4 pm. If you, or someone you care for has memory difficulties, or if you just like singing please join us. Refreshments are served and we suggest a donation of £1 to £2. Contact - Norman Kennedy, Tel: 01556 610655.
- Forget Me Not Club for carers meet on the first Monday of each month. Sandwich Lunch from 12.00 to 1.15 approx. Contact - Helen Lunn.
- Fellowship Group meet every Thursday (10 am until 12 noon) except 2 weeks over Christmas and New Year. Many ladies bring knitting or do anything they are interested in or just come along for company and the chat. Contact - Helen Lunn.
- Church Social Group meet on the 2nd and 4th Wednesday in each month from October to March. All meetings are afternoon meetings, starting at 2.00 p.m., with the exception of the Christmas lunch and the Daffodil Tea. Contact - Pauline Allison.
- Choir Practices on a Friday at 10.00 am in the back hall of the Church Centre. Contact - Sheena Scott 612938.
- Beavers meet every Wednesday from 6.00 - 7.00 pm
- Explorer Scounts meet every 2nd Monday from 7.00 - 9.00 pm
- First Responders meet on 2nd Wednesday in the month from 7.00 - 9.00 pm
- Tea Dance on Friday afternoons from 2.15 - 4.15 pm
- Childrens Dance Class on Saturday mornings from 9.15 a.m. - 12.15
Contact for hall reservations and information: Norman Kennedy 01556 610655